Friday, November 22, 2013

Torticollis Regression Due to Illness

So Kellyn has a head tilt regression due to sickness. Poor girl has a runny nose, cough, chest congestion, and wheezing. Her torticollis was really looking better up until recently. However, once the onset of her illness occurred, her head tilt has increased. She's having trouble eating, sleeping, and especially doing her physical therapy exercises. She cries and resists her stretches and strengthening exercises much more than usual.

Baby with right torticollis laying on her tummy
Still managed to get a smile out of this little sick one.

I am taking her to the pediatrician today to get checked out. I am suspecting she may also have an ear infection since I found cuts inside her ears. I think she may have been touching her ears a lot due to them hurting. I am praying for her full recovery. I miss her happy, cheerful self. Also, I am anxious for her to get back on track with her physical therapy exercises so that we can work to eliminate the torticollis all together.